Triangle Table Tennis offers multiple leagues for players in the Triangle area who would like to enjoy friendly competition and practice on a weekly basis. Leagues are a great way to improve your skills, meet other players, and enjoy regular match play. Triangle Table Tennis’ leagues are organized in one of the following ways:
- For individual play with a group of other players of similar skill levels or ages, or
- For individual play with a group of other players who are available at a specific time in the week, or
- For participating groups from organizations participating in the corporate league, or
- For middle school or high school teams from schools participating in our School Leagues (during the winter season only).
For more information on our 2017-2018 School Leagues, please click on the School League grade level in which you are interested:
- 2017-2018 Triangle Table Tennis High School League
- 2017-2018 Triangle Table Tennis Middle School League
For all other leagues, please see the information below:
Our leagues meet for 2-3 hours each week, and each league lasts for approximately 3 months (no fewer than 12 meeting dates). At the end of its defined period, each league ends and awards prizes. Players or teams must play a minimum number of matches to be eligible for prizes, which may include cash, merchandise, or pro shop gift certificates. Currently, prizes are awarded for:
- Best in League – to the player or team with the top league rating at the end of the league
- Most Improved in League – to the player or team whose league rating improved the most over the course of the league
Enrollment fees for standard adult leagues (such as Premiere Leagues) for non-members are $120/season, or $15/night if the league has not reached the cap. Discounted league enrollment fees for basic members are $90/season, or $14.25/night if the league has not reached the cap. Discounted league enrollment fees for premium members are $80/season, or $13.50/night if the league has not reached the cap.
Saturday Youth League includes 2 hours of group instruction followed by 1 hour of match play, and due to the dedication of coaches to this league, it has different pricing. Enrollment fees for non-members are $199 for the 12-week session, or $25 per single visit. Those rates are discounted by 5% for pre-paid basic memberships of 3 months or longer, and by 10% for pre-paid premium memberships of 3 months or longer.
The value of prizes awarded in each adult league will be no less than 20% of league fees collected.
The size of the corporate league may vary.
The Center will dedicate sufficient tables to each league based on its enrollment. Detailed rules and league scoring algorithms will be provided to enrolled participants. League rankings are adjusted weekly following each week’s match play.
Our currently scheduled leagues include:
- Our premier leagues are great for men and women of all ages who are interested in competitive play against players of similar skills levels.
- Skill levels and meeting days vary by Division
- At the end of the 12 week schedule, prizes will be awarded to eligible participants who participated in at least 10 out of the 12 weeks. This may include cash, merchandise, or pro shop certificates.
- Premiere League Division 1 Superleague:
- Available for players with a rating of 1700+
- Meets on Fridays from 6:30 to 9:30
- Current Season: 7/21/2017 – 10/6/2017
- Fall Season Start Date: 10/27/2017!
- $1000 Prize Pool!!!
- 16 player league
- Play is round robin format, best 4 out of 7 games per match.
- Default time starts at 6:45pm, Players will default their first match at 6:46pm
- Players will default their subsequent matches as they come up in order
- All players will start with their current USATT rating. Your league rating will carry over from season to season
- However, club league rating will not affect USATT rating
- Players will be divided into groups of 4. 3 matches per night
- Substitutes will be allowed in this league. Players that are going to miss a league night are responsible for finding their own substitute
- The substitute must have a lower USATT rating than the player in order to be an eligible substitute
- If a player is unable to find a substitute, the player will go 0-3, 0-12
- A player must submit the name of their substitute to the league director at least 24 hours prior to league start time
- Prizes will be awarded according to match percentage
- Week 1 is seeding night
- Weeks 2-11 is league play
- Week 12 is Fun Tournament Night (Brazilian Teams)
- Premiere League Division 2:
- Division 2 is available for players with a rating of 1300 – 1699
- Division 2 meets on Thursdays from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Current Season: 7/20/2017 – 10/5/2017
- Fall Season Start Date: 10/26/2017!
- In Division 2, each match lasts until one player wins 3 out of 5 games.
- Division 2 is an open league. Although players must play a minimum number of matches to be eligible for end of session prizes, walk-in players may pay a fee to be added to the league on evenings when there are fewer than 24 players present.
- The winner of the Division 2 League may opt to move up to the Division 1 League at the start of the next session.
- Premiere League Division 3:
- Division 3 is available for players with a rating Under 1300
- Division 3 meets on Mondays and Tuesdays from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Current Season: 7/17/2017 – 10/9/2017 (Monday), and 7/18/2017 – 10/3/2017 (Tuesday)
- Fall Season Start Date: 10/23/2017 (Monday), 10/24/2017 (Tuesday)!
- In Division 3, each match lasts until one player wins 3 out of 5 games.
- Division 3 is an open league. Although players must play a minimum number of matches to be eligible for end of session prizes, walk-in players may pay a fee to be added to the league on evenings when there are fewer than 27 players present.
- The winner of the Division 3 League may opt to move up to the Division 2 League at the start of the next session.
- You may choose to participate in division 3 on either Monday or Tuesday, but if you choose to play on both nights, you will not be able to claim prizes for both leagues.
- For young players age 7-16
- Open to all levels; players are grouped by ability
- Includes both group instruction and match play
- Meets on non-tournament Saturdays from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Walk-in participants may be accommodated if session is not already full with pre-paid participants
- Fall session start date is 9/9/2017! (and league skips any dates that conflict with tournaments, as shown on Events Calendar)
Corporate Team League
- For adults of all skill levels who are members of a participating corporation or organization
- Meets on Wednesdays from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Fall season start date is 9/13/2017!
- Interested organizations should contact Triangle Table Tennis at 919-388-0272 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register a team